I am looking forward to this natural hair challenge changing the life of my hair this winter. The most important factor of my winter challenge is refusing myself to no heat and keeping it simple! Just in time for 2013, I want to make sure I start the year off on the right path.
Here are some of the top features of my winter natural hair challenge!
- No Direct Heat
- No blow dryers
- No flat irons
The benefits of no direct heat is tied directly to the health and length retention of your hair.
- Detangle hair bi-monthly
- Use hands only to remove shed hair/tangles
- Add oils/conditioner for slip
Keep it simple:
Wear styles for at least 1 week. Aim for hairstyles that can hold for 2 weeks.
Avoid brushes and combs
Things to Remember:
- Keep your hair moisturized
- If you are following a no shampoo regimen, I would recommend using a natural shampoo at least once per month.
- Cover your hair at night with a satin scarf/bonnet
- Deep condition regularly
- Remember: The more manipulation, the more damage to your hair.
Do you have a winter regimen? If not, try mine! Good Luck.